Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible Amazon Smile purchases to Columbus Jewish Foundation whenever you shop on Amazon Smile.
Helping instill a sense of community and tzedakah in our Jewish youth.
Thank you to our donors who help shape Jewish Columbus and the Jewish world with their generosity.
Jackie Jacobs, Foundation CEO, shares his views on Jewish community, philanthropy and importance of legacy giving.
- Central Ohio's Reform congregations and others will convene on Saturday, March 24, near Genoa Park at 10:00 AM for a brief Shabbat service. Participants will then make placards and head to the Statehouse to demand an end to gun violence and mass shootings in our schools.
- High school seniors can submit a no more than 1,200 word essay describing how they will "perpetuate their own Jewish knowledge and practice as a college freshman, and why." Winners will receive up to $1,000. For details and submission, contact Halle Schwartz at 614-559-6251.
- The 9th Annual Columbus Baseball Invitational is set for April 29-May 1, 2018. Twelve teams from Jewish day schools across the country will participate. Missing will be co-Commissioner Bob Lane, who passed away in December after a three and a half year battle with cancer. The winning team will r[...]
- Foundation staff toured the Columbus Jewish Historical Society's new WWI exhibit: 1918 Central Ohio, Jews and the World War, and looks forward to the May 30 premiere of a new production, "Letters Home: Jewish Columbus in WWI. "The performance gives voice to the collection of WWI letters that CJHS ho[...]
Book of Life
- 4 years ago
- Moving to the Midwest from New York City, I found my Jewish identity strengthened and reinforced through participation in religious and secular activities, and exploring our Jewish heritage. When I became a self-employed librarian and preservation consultant in 1991, I found that Jewish life and adh[...]