Temple Israel In Contract
Central Ohio’s first synagogue will soon have a new home. Located since 1959 at 5419 E Broad Street, Temple Israel is in contract to sell its present property, and will move to 3100 East Broad after renovations of the new site. “[T]his period of transition will serve to further strengthen our already thriving community….writing the next chapter of Temple Israel’s story …” wrote co-Presidents Harriette Hansell and Patti Shorr June 22 in a letter to congregants. A farewell to the current spiritual home will be held on July 28 at a celebratory Shabbat service and oneg. The Temple Israel Foundation is the second largest synagogue endowment in Central Ohio, and is housed at the Columbus Jewish Foundation.