Grant Application Guidelines
- Proposals must align with both the Foundation mission and the committee’s statement of purpose. Learn more at www.columbusjewishfoundation.org.
- Proposals must support the agency mission, including any short- and medium-term initiatives.
- Proposals can be submitted as a new or expanded service initiative and should address unmet community needs, complement or improve existing community service needs, increase agency self-sufficiency, attract new clients, or maximize service delivery.
- Programs must have measurable goals/objectives and a strong evaluation plan.
- Proposals for continued funding will be accepted subject to Foundation pre-approval. Multi-year grants are approved for a one-year period and may be extended for up to two additional years, subject to evaluation and review. Funding for multi-year grants can be phased down over time at the discretion of the grant committee. Continued grant funding will be evaluated based on these criteria:
- program implementation is according to schedule;
- measurable success in meeting the strategic objectives;
- grantee submits a long-term funding plan and reports on the implementation of that plan with each request for continued funding, including communication with future funders following the Foundation grant period;
- continued need for Foundation funding;
- interest on the part of the Foundation to provide continued funding: and,
- available funding.
- Programs must start within 18 months of grant approval date.
Information specific to each grant committee can be found on its respective grant page.