Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible Amazon Smile purchases to Columbus Jewish Foundation whenever you shop on Amazon Smile.
Helping instill a sense of community and tzedakah in our Jewish youth.
Thank you to our donors who help shape Jewish Columbus and the Jewish world with their generosity.
Jackie Jacobs, Foundation CEO, shares his views on Jewish community, philanthropy and importance of legacy giving.
- The SPLC has documented an explosive rise in the number of hate groups since the turn of the century. There are 917 hate groups across the county. In Ohio, there are 19 active hate groups and three white separatists/Neo-Nazi groups identified by the SPLC. Two of those are in the Columbus area and [...]
- The National Socialist Movement dispersed a slew of hateful business cards and flyers throughout the neighborhood of Clintonville. "Save our land! Join the klan!" was one of the many messages stated in the propaganda. Watch NBC4's coverage of the incident here.
- The Jewish community in Charlottesville hired armed security to protect its synagogue after local police declined to provide a guard for the site, according to its president. In a blog post, Congregation Beth Israel's President Alan Zimmerman described his fear in the presence of white supremacists.[...]
- The Ben Mandelkorn Award for Distinguished Community Service for 2017 is Robert H. Schottenstein.
Book of Life
- 4 years ago
- Our parents came from Poland and Russia, and both Elaine and I learned at a very young age from our parents the value of tzedakah. While we feel that all Jewish people are our brothers and sisters, we think the Columbus Jewish community is something special. We want those feelings of belonging and[...]