Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible Amazon Smile purchases to Columbus Jewish Foundation whenever you shop on Amazon Smile.
Helping instill a sense of community and tzedakah in our Jewish youth.
Thank you to our donors who help shape Jewish Columbus and the Jewish world with their generosity.
Jackie Jacobs, Foundation CEO, shares his views on Jewish community, philanthropy and importance of legacy giving.
- Conjoined twins Daisy and Violet Hilton were the highest-paid act in Depression-era vaudeville, and even had a brief flirtation with Hollywood in Tod Browning's 1932 classic, Freaks. The sisters are the subject of Gallery Players upcoming production, Side Show. The Foundation is Gallery Players key[...]
- The Columbus Mikvah, where Jews take ritual baths to fulfill purity requirements, will soon be getting a makeover at a new location on East Main St, with more than half of the costs already committed. To assure proper long-term building upkeep, the Foundation will match contributions to the facilit[...]
- Central Ohio's "Eco-conscious Jewish Reconstructionist & Renewal Community" received a $2,500 strategic planning grant from the Foundation's Jewish Education and Literacy Committee to develop year-round service to its students, life-long learning for teens and adults, and 10% annual increases in[...]
- The New York Times calls it "bunching." Donors "bunch" several years of donations into a Donor Advised Fund in one year. They get a tax deduction by itemizing. They then spread out distributions in future years when they won't be itemizing deductions. Click here for How to Write Off Donations Und[...]
Book of Life
- 4 years ago
- Lifelong Columbus residents Harold and Harriet Korn are the most recent signatories of the Columbus Jewish Foundation’s Endowment Book of Life. The Book of Life recognizes donors who “build for the future” with endowment and legacy provisions for the community’s benefit. The handsome olive wo[...]