Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible Amazon Smile purchases to Columbus Jewish Foundation whenever you shop on Amazon Smile.
Helping instill a sense of community and tzedakah in our Jewish youth.
Thank you to our donors who help shape Jewish Columbus and the Jewish world with their generosity.
Jackie Jacobs, Foundation CEO, shares his views on Jewish community, philanthropy and importance of legacy giving.
- The United States-Israel Security Assistance Authorization Act of 2018 (S. 2497) is a bipartisan bill that seeks to ensure Israel has the means necessary to defend itself, by itself, against a range of growing and emerging threats. Authored by Sens. Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Chris Coons (D-DE), the leg[...]
- The Financial Times believes that Columbus is showing why industrial policy, not tariffs, is a winning strategy. Since 2010, Columbus has created roughly half of all the new jobs in Ohio. Harvard Business School even wrote a recent case study about it. Click here for audio podcast.
- Financial planner Mark Coffee of Summit Financial Strategies led the Foundation Legal & Tax Advisory Committee's fourth presentation of the year with a workshop on ethical wills. Jewish community lobbyist Howard Beigelman, Executive Director of Ohio Jewish Communities, followed with an update o[...]
- For individuals over age 70½ who are now required to take their Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) from retirement accounts, the extra RMD income could cause an increase in Medicare premiums. In other words: if you are age 70 ½ or over and send your RMD to your charity (you must reach that age to[...]
Book of Life
- 4 years ago
- I remember the past, live in the present and dream of the future – I was born in Vienna Austria. In 1938, after Austria became part of Nazi Germany, a kind stranger from Chicago sent an affidavit enabling my parents and me to escape to America. I was 15 years old at the time, but this selfless act o[...]