Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible Amazon Smile purchases to Columbus Jewish Foundation whenever you shop on Amazon Smile.
Helping instill a sense of community and tzedakah in our Jewish youth.
Thank you to our donors who help shape Jewish Columbus and the Jewish world with their generosity.
Jackie Jacobs, Foundation CEO, shares his views on Jewish community, philanthropy and importance of legacy giving.
- JFS Executive Director June Gutterman has been selected by Columbus CEO as a finalist for the CEO of the Year. Says Gutterman, "We delve into the complex layers that make up the person. Jewish Family Services examines the whole life of each person who walks in the door."
- Bexley-based Capital University, one of the oldest and largest Lutheran-affiliated universities in North America, will host two menorah lightings this year -- on Chanukah's first night (December 24) and on the last night, January 1, when new college President Elizabeth L. Paul, Ph.D., plans to speak[...]
- Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis was diagnosed with cancer in January 1994. She signed a will in the New York offices of a large law firm on March 22, 1994. She passed away just two months later on May 19 at the age of 64. Because a will is a public document, her will is available on the internet. [...]
- Irving Baker's son enrolled at Columbus Torah Academy in 1966, when the school was in its very infancy. Classes were then held in the Agudas Achim basement. Said Irving, "The facility was fourth-rate, the education was first-rate, and the experience could not be compared nor duplicated....I immedi[...]
Book of Life
- 3 years ago
- Lifelong Columbus residents Harold and Harriet Korn are the most recent signatories of the Columbus Jewish Foundation’s Endowment Book of Life. The Book of Life recognizes donors who “build for the future” with endowment and legacy provisions for the community’s benefit. The handsome olive wo[...]