Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible Amazon Smile purchases to Columbus Jewish Foundation whenever you shop on Amazon Smile.
Helping instill a sense of community and tzedakah in our Jewish youth.
Thank you to our donors who help shape Jewish Columbus and the Jewish world with their generosity.
Jackie Jacobs, Foundation CEO, shares his views on Jewish community, philanthropy and importance of legacy giving.
- On October 22-24, Columbus will experience Shabbat like never before. Plans are underway for all synagogues, the JCC, Federation and Foundation to jointly present "One Shabbat For All Columbus." Weekend activities will include a Thursday Challah Bake, Friday night dinner at homes and/or at your syna[...]
- Every Foundation endowment has a special purpose, with special meaning and special memories. Thousands of meaningful distributions are made from Foundation funds every year. By way of illustration, here are details on two of them: Sarah Krause Fund: Westerville North High School was her favorit[...]
- The Ohio Department of Aging reports that 300 Ohio nursing homes signed up for a dementia care program that was first introduced at Wexner Heritage Village with a Columbus Jewish Foundation seed grant. The Music & Memory Nursing Home Quality Improvement Project uses personalized tunes in digita[...]
- Ezri Yerusahalmi grew up in Jerusalem, the only son of five children. His parents taught him that the worst thing he could do to them would be to join the Israel Defense Forces as a combat soldier. With the help and support of Ma'agalim, he came to understand his path in life. Finally, with his par[...]
Book of Life
- 2 years ago
- Having been influenced by many other Jewish individuals who have endowed favorite Jewish causes, we desire to perpetuate the Jewish heritage and culture in this community through our commitment to the Columbus Jewish Foundation. Roselee's father, Morris Lerer, was born in Russia and came to the U[...]